Fujitsu recently announced the availability of its next generation, high performance workgroup scanning solutions designed for small and midsize businesses (SMBs), and front-office and distributed scanning applications. The Fujitsu fi-7160, fi-7180, fi-7260, and fi-7280 succeed its workgroup predecessors – the Fujitsu fi-6130Z, fi-6140Z, fi-6230Z, and fi-6240Z – offering new paper protection and image processing capabilities , increasing automation, productivity and efficiency.
the new Fujitsu fi-7180 and fi-7280 (flatbed model) scanners deliver 80 ppm / 160 ipm at 300 dpi (color, grayscale, monochrome), thereby doubling the scanning speeds of their predecessors, and come equipped with USB 3.0 connectivity and two-dimensional barcode. The Fujitsu fi-7160 and fi-7260 (flatbed model) provide scanning speeds of 60 ppm / 120 ipm at 300 dpi and include an expanded 80-page automatic document feeder (ADF). The new scanner line also incorporates intelligent document imaging features and time-saving tools including:
- Innovative Acoustic Paper Protection: Acoustic sensors can detect a paper feeding error by monitoring the sound of a document as it passes through the scanner. If any irregularity is detected during a page feed like a stapled batch, the acoustic sensors will automatically stop the scan, helping to protect the original scanned documents.
- "Skew Reducer" Function: The scanners' "skew reducer" functionality detects the alignment of your scanned documents and physically corrects paper skews so mixed batches of various paper sizes can be scanned reliably.
- Advanced Hard Card and Non-Traditional Document Support: The new models are capable of digitizing a variety of document types such as large paper sizes (up to A3 and 18.3 feet in length) and ultra thin documents (as low as 0.033mm). The scanners are also equipped with enhanced embossed card scanning capability, such as plastic ID cards and insurance cards (up to 1.4mm thick), and allow feeding of up to three hard cards in either landscape or portrait orientation.
- Advanced Controls: The adjustable, interactive LCD panel provides the ultimate control to customize and access advanced scanning features such as paper protection, pick speeds, vertical streak reduction, iMFF settings, pre-pick, and power savings.
- Intelligent Multi-Feed Function (iMFF): iMFF provides the ability to automatically bypass documents containing sticky notes, taped receipts, and labels while still protecting against lost images. In manual mode, mixed batches that include envelopes can be scanned with user interaction to maintain data integration and high scanner throughput.
- Improved Start-Up Time and a Green Design: The power-on time has been reduced to less than 4 seconds and the new ultra-bright LED lamp technology incorporated into the workgroup scanner line helps decrease its power consumption.
"We're proud to call our high performance workgroup scanners the heavyweights of the industry," said Scott Francis, senior vice president of marketing, Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. "We have never rested on our laurels, continuing to innovate and introduce scanning solutions equipped with the latest unique features and functionality for our customers. In fact, the feedback we get from our customers drives us to always provide the very best products and lead the industry by example. We think the new line of workgroup scanners from Fujitsu meets these high expectations."
Pricing & Availability
The Fujitsu fi-7160, fi-7180, fi-7260, and fi-7280 are available now through authorized resellers, VARs, and distributors including Ingram Micro, NewWave Technologies, Inc., and Tech Data Corporation. Fujitsu has priced the high performance workgroup scanners as follows:
- The Fujitsu fi-7160: $1,195.00
- The Fujitsu fi-7180: $1,995.00
- The Fujitsu fi-7260: $1,995.00
- The Fujitsu fi-7280: $2,495.00