Epson America announced the Epson LabelWorks LW-600P, a new one-of-a-kind label printer for smartphones and tablets that gives users the ability to make an endless variety of both practical and creative labels for the home or workplace.
"The Epson LabelWorks LW-600P offers users a mobile device accessory that can be used anywhere to create labels for any situation – personal or business," said Anna Jen, director, New Ventures/New Products for Epson America. "It reinvigorates an older product category with new features, new types of printable tapes and exciting possibilities that bring enhanced value to the market."
With an open-source development platform, the LW-600P also gives developers the ability to create iOS and Android label-printing apps for specific uses such as event ticketing and specialty crafting, or for vertical applications such as inventory management, healthcare, cable & wiring, patch panels and more.
The LabelWorks LW-600P is one of the smallest and lightest 24mm (~1") label printers on the market today with a powerful set of capabilities and features, including:
- Bluetooth connectivity for use with smart phones and tablets
- USB connectivity for printing from Windows and Mac computers
- Print speeds up to 15mm/s at 180dpi for fast printing of labels
- Tape widths of 6mm (~1/4") to 24mm (~1") for maximum versatility
- Battery-powered operation for portability and mobility
- AC power (adapter included) to allow the LW-600P to be always on and ready
For iOS and Android device users, the free Epson iLabel app takes full advantage of the capabilities of their smart phones and tablets to offer features never before available with traditional label makers, such as:
- "True-view" label preview capability using the camera function to ensure labels perfectly match what's on the screen
- Handwriting mode for custom drawing or annotation of labels using the touch screen interface
- Speech-to-text voice transcription and printing
- In-app storage of created label for future use
- Import of custom graphics such as symbols, logos and photographs to copy & paste onto labels for a more professional look or to add a personalized touch
- Creation of QR code labels for content sharing or barcode labels for inventory management which can be scanned by third-party QR/barcode apps
With a wide variety of tape options, the LabelWorks LW-600P opens up a world of label-making possibilities that go beyond simply adhesive labels for organization, including:
- Personalized ribbons and decorative stickers for party favors, gifts, hair decorations, ornaments, flower arrangements and more
- Iron-on labels for uniforms, backpacks, shoes and any type of cloth-based products
- Glow-in-the-dark labels for light switches, emergency flashlights and supplies
- Reflective labels for jackets, helmets, bicycles and any item that may benefit from labels with reflective visibility
Demonstrations of the LabelWorks LW-600P will be available at the Epson SmartWare Pavilion, meeting room S214, in the Las Vegas Convention Center during 2014 International CES, Jan. 7-10, 2014.
Part of Epson's newly introduced portfolio of open-sourced, app-enabled products, the LabelWorks LW-600P is available now and sold with one or two 24mm tapes included in the box with an MSRP of $99.99 and $123.98, respectively.