Plantronics announced the launch of the Voyager Edge, a compact and stylish Bluetooth earpiece that offers clear communication in any environment with proprietary noise- and wind-cancellation and an elegant charging case providing extended talk time on-the-go. Intuitive, responsive features such as voice commands and Smart Sensors let wearers answer calls hands-free with a word or as they place the headset on their ear, and Voyager Edge announces the name of incoming callers.
Voyager Edge blends style with attention to comfort, with its lightweight form factor and soft-touch, natural materials. The in-ear design makes it easy to put on and remove and is particularly convenient for use with glasses or sunglasses. With its portable charging case, the Voyager Edge is always charged and ready to keep the wearer connected.
- Portable charging case: The protective rechargeable case tops up the earpiece battery, adding up to 10 more hours of talk time, features touch-sensitive controls, and shows the charge status of both headset and case.
- Noise cancellation: Multiple microphones and signature Plantronics audio technology eliminate disruptive background noise so your caller hears the speaker, not their surroundings.
- Smart Sensor technology: Responsive sensors direct calls to the phone or headset, pause music for incoming calls, and automatically answer calls as the wearer places the headset on their ear.
- Voice commands and audio alerts: Allows wearers to use their voice to answer or ignore calls, check battery level, connection status, and more. And Voyager Edge announces the incoming caller's name – no need to look at the phone to check who is calling.
- Language options: Personalize Voyager Edge with a language of choice by simply selecting a preferred language during the set-up process.
- Always-Ready Battery life: Charging via MicroUSB, the Voyager Edge headset provides up to six hours of talk time, or up to 16 hours with the portable charging case.
- Locate your headset using free app: Download the free Find MyHeadset app for Android phones and send a tone to hear the nearby headset or track last usage on a map using BackTrack feature. Available for iOS starting June.
- NFC-Enabled: Touch the headset to NFC-enabled phones to pair.
Voyager Edge along with its portable charger will be available in two colours, Carbon Black and Glacial White, at $149.