Mionix has officially revealed the Castor gaming mouse, a premium offering that should cater towards all grip-types.
The Castor Gaming mouse has first made its appearance last year at Gamescom, but until recently there were no official announcements and release dates attached to it. Now, Mionix has finally announced and given some details on the premium peripheral.
Named for one of the brightest stars in the night-sky, the 6-button, muilti-color optical mouse is designed for right-handed users, and has been developed to cater towards all grip styles alike. It features dedicated grooves for the ring and pinkie finger, with an enhanced rubber grip and the Mionix type technical performance.
Inside, you will find a Pixart PMW-3310 optical sensor that has no positive or negative hardware acceleration, amazing accuracy, smooth tracking, and a maximum speed of more than 5.45m/sec (215 IPS), all the way up to 10000DPI.
The new lift-off distance (LOD) Calibration feature combines the Surface Quality Analyzer Tool (S.Q.A.T™) with adjustment of the lift-off height to find the lowest possible LOD with optimized tracking. The added 32bit ARM processor enables the mouse to have numerous gaming features without compromising the tracking of the sensor. The downloadable software provides access to fully customize all buttons, sensor settings, LED colors, macros and profiles.
Castor's key-features include:
– Right-hand ergonomics with ring-and pinky-finger groove to comfortably place all five fingers on the mouse.
– 4 layers of rubber coating and the optimized textured side rubbers ensure maximum grip and soft touch feel.
– A 32bit ARM Processor running at 32Mhz;
– 128kb built-in memoryfor up to different 5 profiles.
– Zero-Acceleration Sensor with up to 10000DPI: 1:1 Tracking, no positive or negative hardware acceleration.
– Set 3 DPI values and switch easily between them in-game.