PlanOn today announced PrintStik, the world's smallest full page portable Bluetooth and USB printer. Featuring PlanOn's new SaaS (Software as a Service) cloud-based Mobile Enhanced Print Application, PrintStik prints from Android and Blackberry smartphones (more platforms coming soon) via Bluetooth, as well as from computers and laptops through USB, for printing anywhere, anytime.
Pre-loaded with 20 pages of self-contained paper (no ink needed) for 600 dpi resolution printing and a rechargeable battery, PrintStik is the smallest mobile printer (only 1" x 2" x 11"), making it easy to carry in a coat pocket, laptop bag, or purse for the most convenient printer on the market.
PlanOn's new Mobile Enhanced Print Application for Android and Blackberry smartphones allows users to print full-page webpages and virtually any email attachment (documents, spreadsheets, PDFs, presentations, etc.) directly through a smartphone. The Mobile Enhanced Print Application service is free for up to 1 year and only $29.99/year afterwards. The service captures the full content of any document or attachment, or the location of a web page currently being viewed, and automatically converts it to a print-ready file format, sending it through the smartphone directly to the PrintStik for instant printing.
• Produces straight, flat sheets with smudge-free high resolution 600dpi print quality.
• Uses PlanOn's Advanced Thermal Technology (7 year print quality).
• Includes a self-contained 20 sheet paper roll (refills available).
• Paper feed lets users print from single sheets of regular printer paper.
• Prints web pages from Android and Blackberry smartphones in a full page format (more platforms coming soon).
• Prints attachments from emails, including PDFs, Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, JPEGs, PowerPoint presentations, PNG, GIF, BMP, and WBMP formats.
• Prints calendar appointments by day-week-month.
• No messy ink or toner needed with convenient pop-in cartridges included (refills available).
• Ruggedly designed for portable reliability.
• Eco-friendly "green" paper-saver mode puts more printing on the page and supports partial-page printouts to reduce the amount of paper used.
"Whether you're a road warrior business traveler who needs to print your boarding pass while racing to the airport, a realtor printing the listing info en route to show a home, or a soccer mom printing the after-school game schedule, PrintStik gives you the ultimate in flexibility and convenience," said Doug Verkaik, CEO of PlanOn. "We are delivering a complete 'Office in a Pocket' solution. PrintStik's new Mobile Enhanced print in-the-cloud service brings a whole new dimension to mobility."
PrintStik is available immediately for Windows and Mac computers, and Android and Blackberry smartphones, with special Father's Day pricing from June 1-June 16 of $199 (normally priced at $299). The PlanOn Mobile Enhanced Print Application subscription is free of charge for the first full year for the PrintStik PS950 mobile printer, and free for six months for the PS905 mobile printer, affordably priced at just $29.99/year thereafter.
Enterprise server licensing is also available for companies with large numbers of employees or enterprises whose employees may need to remotely access and print sensitive materials