ABBYY, provider of document recognition, data capture and linguistic technologies and services, announced FineReader 12, the newest version of its award-winning Optical Character Recognition (OCR) and document conversion software.
The new FineReader 12 delivers faster document conversion, the ability to quickly open documents of any length while OCR processing runs in the background, and instant recognition of selected text or tables on the page without requiring recognition of the full page. In addition, FineReader 12 offers enhanced OCR accuracy for common business documents and Asian languages, as well as new image enhancement tools enabling users to produce digital copies of documents with even higher visual quality than the originals.
"Serving as a bridge between paper and digital documents, OCR software is one of the essential tools to build an efficient working environment" commented Ivan Bodyagin, director of the FineReader Desktop Products Department at ABBYY. "FineReader 12 was designed to simplify every step of the process for digitizing paper documents including scanning, editing and copying text, and adapting them for searchable archives."
FineReader 12 offers improvements such as:
- intuitive tools for scanning documents and converting images of documents, or any selected areas on them, into editable and searchable electronic formats such as Microsoft® Word, Excel®, PDF, TXT, popular e-book formats and more;
- seamless Conversion of Tables — FineReader 12 improves table conversion by up to 40 percent, saving engineers, financial professionals or other specialists significant time and effort when working with numerical data. Additionally, when saving to XLSX format FineReader 12 simplifies the process of converting tables and charts or adding new tables to existing files;
- easier access to popular cloud storage solutions such as Google Drive, Dropbox, SkyDrive and more. In addition, direct integration with Microsoft SharePoint Online / Office 365 facilitates greater document sharing;
- new PreciseScan technology from ABBYY smoothes pixelated characters on searchable PDFs, improving the visual quality of documents for easier reading, archiving or better printing results.
- Windows 8 Compatibility and Gesture Support.
ABBYY FineReader 12 Professional is available through various online stores, selected retail outlets and resellers worldwide.