At an exclusive event for some of the world’s top artists, designers and engineers, AMD unveiled powerful new solutions to address modern content creation and engineering: the new Radeon™ Pro WX Series of professional graphics cards. The new brand, targeting ten million professional graphics users, harnesses the award-winning Polaris architecture and is designed to deliver exceptional capabilities for the immersive computing era.
Transformational inflection points are changing the way content is created:
- Rise of real-time game engines
- Emergence of virtual reality
- Popularity of new low-overhead APIs, such as DirectX® 12 and Vulkan™
- Trends to open-source tools and applications, evidenced by the Radeon Open Compute platform, and today’s announcement of Radeon ProRender
- Products designed by AMD, engineered with a consistent bill of materials, and the highest quality components
- 24/7, VIP customer support committed to providing 5 minutes or less wait time
- 3-year limited warranty plus a free, 7-year extended limited warranty
- Optimizations for a wide range of professional applications
- Reliable performance even under extreme conditions
The new Radeon Pro WX Series of professional graphics cards represent a revolutionary approach for professionals rooted in a commitment to open, non-proprietary software and high performing, feature-rich hardware that empowers people to truly create “the art of the impossible”.
Radeon Pro WX Series professional graphics cards, based on the acclaimed Polaris architecture, are designed to intersect these new industry inflection points:
- Radeon™ Pro WX 7100 GPU is capable of handling demanding design engineering and media and entertainment workflows and is AMD’s workstation solution for professional VR content creation under $1,000USD
- Radeon™ Pro WX 5100 GPU is the ideal solution for product development, powered by the impending game-engine revolution in design visualization
- Radeon™ Pro WX 4100 GPU provides great performance in a half-height design, finally bringing mid-range application performance demanded by CAD professionals to small form factor (SFF) workstations.
All three products are expected to be available in Q4 of 2016.
“We have taken a long, hard look at the workstation space and chose to focus on what we define as ‘the art of the impossible.’ Radeon Pro represents a powerful alternative to the old way of doing things, setting aside proprietary solutions for open source ones, and closed ecosystems in favor of greater choice and flexibility,” said Raja Koduri, senior vice president and chief architect, Radeon Technologies Group, AMD. “When you invest in Radeon Pro, you’re not just investing in a product, but in a holistic approach to design and content creation. Radeon Pro gives our customers full control of their destinies, the opportunity to realize gains across the entire ecosystem, and the ability to create the ‘art of the impossible’ without proprietary tools dictating the way they practice your craft.”
“With Radeon Pro, AMD has crystalized a clear strategy to drive the democratization of content creation,” said Jon Peddie, president and founder, Jon Peddie Research. “By offering highly capable graphics hardware and harnessing the best open source software, whether from AMD or contributors worldwide, they are effectively building a huge ecosystem to address the demanding challenges faced by graphics application designers.”
The new Radeon™ Pro WX series graphics cards deliver on the promise of this new era of creation, and are designed for creative professionals and those pushing the boundaries of science, technology and engineering.
With the Radeon Pro WX series graphics cards, professionals gain access to:
Based on the Polaris architecture, the new Radeon Pro WX Series graphics cards employ the latest advances in AMD’s 4th generation Graphics Core Next architecture, uncompromising 4K video decode and encode support including HEVC and VP9 and next generation display support including DisplayPort 1.4-HDR and HDMI 2.0, all built on a power efficient 14nm FinFET manufacturing technology. Importantly, the professional graphics solutions are fully compatible with open source software through GPUOpen.
“Radeon Technologies Group’s professional-grade graphics help our customers with complex projects that demand the highest performance,” said Josh Peterson, vice president of Product Management, Workstations, HP Inc. “We know our workstation customers can rely on AMD FirePro graphics when coupled with the performance and reliability of HP Z Workstations, and we look forward to offering Radeon Pro graphics in the future.”