Veteran printer manufacturers Epson just released the Expression Photo XP-950 Small-in-One, a high performance photo printer designed with families and enthusiasts in mind.
The compact device can print professional quality photos up to 11” x 17” as well as text. The XP-950 makes us of Claria® Photo HD six-color inks, designed to yield high-accuracy skin tones. Performance-wise it is relatively high-speed, being able to print 4" x 6" photos in as little as 10 seconds. The printer also makes use of Epson Connect technology, enabling printing from any tablet, smartphone or computer connected to the Internet.
Rounding out its feature list are direct CD/DVD printing, a dedicated photo tray and a card stock and envelope paper feed in the rear. In order to assist workflow, the XP-950 supports automatic two-sided printing, copying and scanning, all controllable by a 3.5” LCD interface with gesture navigation. The device’s scan lid folds over photos and documents, holding them in place, preventing smudged scans. The XP-950 also comes equipped with an auto-extend output tray, which is especially useful for remote-printing.
Epson has released the following specifications for the printer:
- Epson Connect – easily print and scan from anywhere with the Epson Creative Print mobile app, Epson Email Print, Epson iPrint™ mobile app, and Epson Remote Print
- Ultimate wireless solution with Wi-Fi Direct™, Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™ n4 and Ethernet
- Auto Photo Correction and red-eye removal, with or without a computer
- High-quality scanning up to 4800 dpi
- Smudge, scratch and water resistant photos to share photos immediately after printing5
- Individual ink cartridges to replace only the color needed
- Standard and high-capacity (XL) black and color cartridges for various printing needs
- Eco-friendly features, including ENERGY STAR® qualified and RoHS compliant6
The Epson Expression Photo XP-950 photo printer is available through retail distributors starting October, and is priced at an estimated $349.99.